Excel Tennis Academy statement by Head Coach Edward Large
Due to the ongoing coronavirus we are monitoring the governments and our governing body (LTA) advice.
The current advice from the LTA is to continue lessons along with the added precautions of hand washing. Tennis being outside with very little close interactions with each other means we are in a better position than other sports. However cleaning hands is vital so we will make sure this continues and ask you do the same.
Lessons will continue this week and on going unless we hear other wise from the LTA or Government.
If anyone decides they do not wish to come along to lesson that is no problem and we will allow people to make up lessons next term.
Lessons missed by players illness or concerns over Coronavirus can be made up in extra lessons next term but will not be refunded or carried over to next terms fees. If we cancel lessons these will be carried over to next terms fees.
As with any other illness, all those involved in tennis are encouraged to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and avoid catching it by following Public Health England and NHS guidance. Information on how to do this is provided on the NHS.UK website, with additional information available on the Public Health England blog.
If you are concerned that you may have encountered the virus, follow the Government advice and self-isolate in the first instance, and please do not go to your club. If you have any flu or cold-like symptoms it would also be advisable to not go to your club.
Public Health England (PHE) recommends that the following general cold and flu precautions are taken to help prevent people from catching and spreading COVID-19:
Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze. See Catch it, Bin it, Kill it
Put used tissues in the bin straight away
Wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
PLEASE FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES to join our coaching sessions.
- We are asking all pupils wash there hands thoroughly at home before attending the sessions and also when they get home after lessons
- We would like all pupils to bring with them hand sanitiser gel/or similar to use as they get to the club and just before they leave
- We are trying to purchase Hand Sanitiser gel for all pupils to use but as everywhere is out of stock we are asking parents and pupils to help buy using their own for their own children for now.
- IF ANYONE in your family has any signs of illness we ask that you DO NOT attend coaching sessions (any missed sessions can be made up in the future)
- During sessions pupils will be kept apart at a distance with minimal interactions with each other as much as possible
- In particular, Members are asked to notify us if they are diagnosed as having contracted Coronavirus, or have been in proximity to someone who has been diagnosed with Coronavirus so that the we can evaluate if further measures are required to reduce the transfer risk.
This is a very challenging time for us all and I and all the coaches will do whatever we can to make sure pupils are safe but we will require your help to make sure of this.
This remains a fluid situation and we continue to closely monitor and changes in advice.
We thank you for your understanding during this challenging period and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
EXCEL TENNIS ACADEMY